Wednesday 25 May 2011

yarn along

joining in with Ginny's yarn along again.

I'm still knitting the top for Hannah and it's still growing slowly.


The book is by Naomi Aldort. It's always on my bedroom shelf and I often read bits of it before I go to sleep, especially when I feel my connection with my kids has gone a bit awry. I first read it when Hannah (the eldest) was about 2 and I thought it was interesting but a bit vague and a bit too radical. However as she's got a bit older I've found the ideas have become more and more relevant, and what seemed radical now seems like common sense.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful yarn! just keep knitting, it will be awesome!

    the book looks interesting. I'd love to read some book about parenting - don't need it yet, but it just fascinates me and as I consider myself a momma of 24 beautiful kids, it would be useful to know something more about rising a kid.

    "...and what seemed radical now seems like common sense" - that really made me want to read that book! :)

    good luck with the knitting.

    ReplyDelete