Wednesday 8 June 2011

yarn along

joining in with Ginny's yarn along

There has been progress on the top ! We went to stay at Mum and Dad's for a a few days last week during the school half term, and I now have a back and two fronts ! However I still have to knit a whole load of rib around the front and neck bands, and sew it up, and since I have approximately 1 hour of free time before Hannah's birthday this ain't gonna happen. Never mind, she's already told me that it might not be ready in time, and she'll have other, more exciting birthday gifts.


I have just started reading 'The Transition Handbook' by Rob Hopkins. Berkhamsted is a Transition Town, though as far as I can tell not a particularly active one, and I have been thinking about getting involved, but wanted to know more. It's a scary read, particularly at the beginning when he sets out the case for peak oil and climate change, but I think it will be an inspiring read also.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colorway if the sweater! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book looks fascinating! I've been taking a break from this type of book lately...all together it can get a little depressing and overwhelming. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete