Wednesday 6 February 2013

yarn along

Joining in (for the first time in ages) with Ginny's yarn along.

I have been knitting small items recently. There has been a spate of headbands. One for a Christmas present and two requests. The latest, the pink one in the picture, was for Hannah. I am a sucker for those single balls of interesting wool that live in charity shops. I knit this green/rust/blue one into a neck warmer for me.



My mindless-can-be-done-with-kids-around knitting is currently another neckwarmer for Hannah. Well at least that's what I hope it's going to turn out as. Hannah thinks it's going to be a skirt for one of her dolls.

I have decided I want to knit the kids birthday jumpers this year. Thomas' birthday is in April. Better make a start soon.......

I seem to be reading lots of books at the moment, but I forgot to put any of them into the photo! I am finding 'Living with the Active Alert Child' (I have one) by Linda Budd very interesting, and I think it will have some useful ideas in it. I like the way she analyses different styles of families, and talks about how each family style has useful components and how each one can adapt itself to better suit this type of child. This seems a more useful approach to me than one which suggests a specific way to parent.


No comments:

Post a Comment