Wednesday 6 April 2011

yarn along

Some progress on the sock. I can only knit cables when I can concentrate (i.e. when the kids are asleep) so that doesn't leave me much time. The first sock is finished however, and I'm aiming to get the second one done for Thomas' birthday in a couple of weeks time. The white flecks on the sole are from sewing cotton which I am hoping provides extra reinforcement.


I've just started reading 'The omnivore's dilemma' by Michael Pollan, which looks as though it will be good. He's tracing three different North American meals back to their roots. I've just started the first chapter and have learnt that most of what most North Americans eat is based on corn (maize). I've been reading lots of parenting and child development books recently so this makes an interesting change.

1 comment:

  1. Pollan definitely makes you think about food!

    ReplyDelete