Wednesday 6 March 2013

yarn along

On the needles is another neck warmer. This is the 3rd one I have knit recently. I have been teaching myself how to knit continental style in the process. I think I've cracked it now. It took a while to get going, especially with purling, but it is so much easier to knit this way with circular needles. And since I am so, so bad at getting round to stitching up knitting projects, I think circular needles are the way to go.




I am reading Not on the label by Felicity Lawrence. It's about how the power of the big supermarkets, and the push for cheap food, affects the workforce, the environment and the food we eat. It's made me want to reduce my dependence on supermarkets even more. We already get an organic fruit and veg box delivered (just waiting to buy the house with the big garden so I can grow my own!) but I'm also going to start getting some dry goods (rice, pasta etc) in bulk from an organic wholesaler. These companies are committed to social and environmental responsibility, so it's a start.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wool you are using.

    I read that book and had the same feeling too! We bought a bread maker and have never bought bread since.

    ReplyDelete