Wednesday 13 March 2013

yarn along

Joining in with Ginny

I have started knitting a That Cheeky Kea vest top for Thomas' birthday. I'm knitting it out of my stash yarn. I did go to Hobbycraft and buy some yarn for both Thomas' and Hannah's birthday knits but then discovered I'd bought 4 ply rather than double knitting for Thomas. Then we were all ill and I never made it back to exchange it (and anyway it's rather nice 4 ply so I'm sure I can make something with it). So Thomas' top will be a mixture of heathery green and grey. Not sure yet what colour to do the contrasting pockets. I've got a nice heathery purple somewhere that might work.



I'm reading Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson. I read this many years ago when I was a teenager, and started reading it again (the same copy as before - it's showing its age!) over Christmas when we were staying at my parents. It's a good book for intermittent reading as each chapter is a self contained description of an aspect of country life in the 1880s.

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading that book as a teenager too and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was late discovering the tv series, and watched them all last year, then my husband bought me the book for Christmas, I am going to start it as soon as I have finished book club reads.

    I like the green and grey, nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pockets in purple will be great! the pattern is really sweet. Only saw a few episodes of the TV series, should really read the book.

    ReplyDelete